Airport Christchurch Luxury Motels & Apartments (T/a Airport Christchurch Motel Ltd.) are extremely well located being just 5 minutes from the airport and no matter where you plan to visit in Christchurch or travel to when you leave, you will find the location very convenient. The route into the central city is very direct and easy to follow (and we are very close to all the major highways). Our location on what is basically a quiet suburban street ensures your stay will be relaxing and that you will get a good night's sleep as we are not on any flight path. Roydvale Avenue is very busy during the day because we have a number of businesses near the motel but in the evening it becomes like a normal residential street.
If you are making your own way to us, we are very easy to find as we are just three minutes from State Highway 1 heading north or south, five minutes from State Highway 73 to the West Coast and the Inland Scenic Route and only 12 minutes from the central city. The route to Highway 75 (the road to Akaroa) is also very direct and easy to follow from the Motel.
To obtain directions and view a map click here Zoom-in We are also just a few minutes drive from the centre of the city with a bus stop right at the gate.
- Adjacent to the Canterbury Technology Park in Sir William Pickering Drive
- Very close to a wide selection of car hire and campervan companies
- Adjacent to a world class golf course (with 8 other courses within 20 minutes drive) and Terrace Downs just on an hour away
- Mini golf course just along the street
- Just a few minutes drive from Canterbury University and the College of Education
- Riccarton Racecourse and the Rotary Sunday Market just a few minutes away
- Jellie Park Aqautic Centre just 3 minutes drive away
- Aurora Centre for Performing Arts at Burnside High School just 3 minutes drive away
- Several restaurants within walking distance and many within a few 5 minutes drive
- Fendalton Eye Clinic just a few minutes away
- International Antarctic Centre, Mini-golf, Golf driving range all just a few minutes away
Supermarket 5 minutes drive away & shopping mall 5 minutes drive
Roydvale Avenue is off Memorial Avenue, which crosses State Highway 1 and is the main thoroughfare heading into the city from Ch-Ch airport.
From the airport head down Memorial Ave towards the city and at the 1st set of traffic lights turn left. We are 100 meters along on the left.
If coming from the north of Christchurch on SH1, turn right at the Belfast Shell petrol station on the Main North Road onto Johns Road and carry on to the roundabout on Memorial Ave then turn left and at the 1st set of traffic lights turn left.
Coming from the south (SH1) turn left at the Hornby shopping mall on the cnr of the Main South and Carmen Rds, follow this road (SH 1) thru to the roundabout on Memorial Ave and turn right, at the 1st set of traffic lights turn left.
From the west (SH73) turn left at the Caltex petrol station on Yaldhurst Rd., at the roundabout on Memorial Ave turn right and at the 1st set of traffic lights turn left.
Coming from the city follow the Airport signs which will lead you on to Memorial Ave. At the intersection with Roydvale Avenue (the 4th set of traffic lights on Memorial Ave), turn right.